HTC PC Suite 3.3.21
HTC Sync Manager, a must have for all the HTC mobile phone users
HTC PC Suite is data synchronization software provided by HTC for its range of mobile phones as multimedia management application. Officially it is called HTC Sync Manager and allows the users to sync all their media and other supported data between their PC and the mobile phone. When first installed, HTC Sync Manager includes USB drivers needed for functionality and also Adobe Air if the destination PC does not have this software already available. The installation process is easy and does not require the phone to actually be connected to the PC. After all the required modules have been installed, a HTC Sync icon will appear in the Windows taskbar suggesting the user to connect his mobile phone. By default, the USB connection mode is set to mass storage on the HTC device. The user will have to manually switch this setting to HTC Sync Manager (or HTC Sync depending on the mobile phone) or switch the connection automatically in order for the phone to be recognized by the HTC Sync installation when connecting it. Only after the user connects his HTC device to the computer and the software recognizes it, he will be able to use the HTC Sync Manager interface. Otherwise it will be blocked and will continue to prompt for a HTC phone to be added. Once the phone has been recognized, data can be synced by clicking on the Sync Now button. Users can also choose to only synchronize certain sections when connecting the phone by selecting the specific tab and choosing Sync to be On or Off.
- The HTC Sync Manager is designed for simplicity and ease of use as all the relevant sections for management are available on the main window to be browsed. Depending on the phone type, synced media types include Music, Gallery, Calendar (this requires Outlook to be installed on the PC for synchronization), Bookmarks, Documents, Locations and People. For first time users there is a Help section where all the basic operations are described.
- Overview presents information about the HTC mobile phone which includes phone type, IMEI, Firmware version, occupied and available space for all the data types, Device setup for syncing settings and Application installer.
- Music allows users to sync files from custom directories, to add new directories containing music files to be synced automatically, to sync files from iTunes and Media Player playlists and also shows the amount of bytes to be synced after all the selections.
- Gallery allows users to copy camera shots from the HTC device to the PC and also to sync custom folders containing photos and videos from the PC to the mobile phone.
- In the Calendar tab, events from either Outlook or Exchange calendar applications from the PC can be synced on the phone, starting from a certain date. Option allows more customization of synced calendar data.
- People is for contacts synchronization using the same settings and having the same options as the Calendar tab.
- Bookmarks allows users to transfer their saved links from a certain web browser on the PC to the HTC device to be used on the phone further with the installed mobile browser.
- Documents deals with syncing mails and other types of files not applicable in the upper sections from the device to the PC. Also custom folders can be setup to be synced automatically.
- Last but not least, Locations. This tab handles GPS and navigation related syncing and also allows maps syncing, maps updating, license selecting for certain maps and other navigation modules.
Overall this application tries to keep things simple and makes the management process for the mobile phone as easy as possible. It has a clean interface, easy to reach commands and the modern look HTC users have been used to.